Tuesday, January 7, 2014

tvN Leaps into the New Year


It's been 2014 for a week now. How have your resolutions been? Okay, I hope? Yours truly have been neck deep in school work so I don't really want to think about anything else. Actually, I'm supposed to not think about anything else but, you know. Anyways, a new year comes new dramas of course. And with tvN leaving a weird aftertaste because of a certain nostalgia-themed drama, I'm ready for a new start. Thankfully, it seems like tvN has a couple of fun dramas that's get you through the new year. With that in mind, here's tvN's new year, new shows campaign.

 

I have to say, I'm loving this campaign. It's fun, simple, straightforward. It definitely made me want to watch a couple of their dramas actually. And hopefully, with college done (and unemployment looming) I can actually watch them and chat about them with you!

The first is I Need Romance 3. That's right, this is a sequel. Well, sort of. Maybe spin-off? All three series concerns a group of 30-something women looking for love. Kind of like the Korean version of Sex and the City. I've never watched the previous two I Need Romance, nor Sex and the City believe it or not, so I really don't have any expectations. I really want to watch this series mostly because of the leads, like always. They're Kim So-yeon and Sung Joon. I don't think I've ever watched Kim So-yeon (again, surprising) but I've seen a few of her interviews and variety show appearances and she seems like one cool gal. As for Sung Joon, well, those who've read this blog for a while would probably know my slight obsession with him so I won't get into that. I'm also looking forward to it because it seems like a really chilled out drama. Or I hope it is. No crazy mysteries or whodunnits.

As for the second drama, it's Emergency Couple starring Song Ji-hyo and Choi Jin-hyuk as a divorced couple who are forced to work together in the emergency room, eventually (hopefully?) finding love again. From the promotional pictures, it seems like a hoot and a half. It also looks like a rom-com, not a melo, which I much prefer. Song Ji-hyo isn't the most amazing actress ever, but she's charming and rom-coms might be her calling. As for Choi Jin-hyuk, his star is on the rise. His cameo on Gu Family Book melted many hearts. He was on The Heirs, but I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. Based on those things, I think I might like it. It seems like a good light-hearted drama to start off 2014.

And there you have it! So far, those two are the only new dramas I think I'll watch in the near. I started watching Miss Korea which seems interesting, but at the moment it's too heavy for me. I might continue after all my personal drama is done. As for the others, I don't actually know what else is going to air. Do you have any suggestions? What new dramas are you looking forward to? Let me know, and maybe I'll watch it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment