Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I Procrastinate, so I Make Lists


Since this is a personal blog sort of I guess, I'm going to talk to you guys about stuff. And by stuff I mean procrastination habits. Believe it or not in 14 hours I'll be doing my thesis defense which is crazy because: 1. it's finally happening, and 2. instead of readying myself I'm here blogging two posts. That's right, super procrastinator right here.

Basically what I've been doing for the past hour or so is making a list. Now, in reality I actually hate making lists. To-do lists especially. Even though I have the worst memory someone my age probably has (this is probably a lie, I'm sure there are those out there who have actual memory dysfunctions much, much worse than mine) and I'm also somewhat attention-deficit, I can never make to-do lists. I'm too lazy to make them, and even if I do, I forget that I ever made one. People say they find satisfaction in scratching off things on their to-do list but for me, it's another chore.

Which comes to the actual point of this post which is the list I'm about to talk about. One of the blogs I read somewhat often, Orion's Ramblings, has this little link thing on her sidebar of a site called MyDramaList. I've followed her blog for like, what, a year? Two years? And that link has always been there. But for some reason I've never made an account myself.

This all changed when one day I asked myself "how many movies have I watched?". This question was thought up/asked on a random occasion. So I've started looking up sites where I could actively list and maybe even rate each movie. For the global movies, I haven't really found one that I loved, though I've found Flickchart to be somewhat useful because I don't necessarily have to find the movies myself. It's not so great because I have to rank stuff, and that always sucks.

Then today happened. I've found that I have a thing for making lists of things I've watched, and also because I was feeling procrastinate-y. Thus the birth (?) of my MyDramaList. Basically, that site is for listing all the Asian shows and movies you've watched. You can also rate or even review them on site. Honestly, I'm somewhat embarrassed. I mean, I'm supposed to review dramas and movies and stuff. But in actuality I don't consume them enough. I've said many times before that I don't really have the patience nor attention span for most dramas, so I guess that's my excuse. It's a horrible excuse, but one nonetheless.

So where is this post going exactly? No where, I suppose. I guess I just want to tell you about my MyDramaList thing. I also want to keep track of the things I watch because, why not? Also, like the previous post, if you have any recommendations of dramas or movies I need to watch, let me know! Hopefully I'll like it, but then again I might not. You'll never know.

Also, the list made me realize how very little I actually write about the things I watch. So maybe, if I feel like it, I'll start reviewing stuff I've watched already. As mentioned before, I have poor memory so I'll probably need to rewatch it. Which means my reviews will most likely be of movies because, come on let's face it, I don't feel like watching most of the dramas I've already watched. Is that a promise? No. I'm so bad at making promises. But school is about to end for me. And in the meantime of finding a job and waiting for my impending doom, I'll probably start blogging more frequently again.

4 comments:

  1. Lol - I think that such a deep part of my fascination with dramas has stemmed (or been extremely aided) from the ability MDL gave me to categorize! I don't make lists either. To-do lists. But I have a strange addiction for "have-done" lists. In this case, my collection of watched dramas all in pretty alphabetical order is like a jewel case with precious diamonds (and a few lame rocks).

    I almost feel a little bad you never realized this site before. It's such a huge part of my life, and was long before I was blogging. *runs away to stare lovingly at my drama lists*

    Good luck with your defense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I feel like life cheated on me or something. It's so satisfying to see all the things I've already watched. It's somewhat surprising that I haven't really watched that many dramas. But then again, it really shouldn't have come as a surprise. I'm definitely more motivated to watch more stuff now, dramas or movies, just to see the numbers go up :)

      Delete
  2. For a time I thought you already left this blog. LOLOL. Anyway, I think I am going to try this My Drama List thing. Lets see how I fair in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think this blog will let me leave haha. I got distracted doing college stuff blegh. Anyways, I'm back. I probably won't post as often as during my peak days, but I'm back nonetheless!

      Delete