Sunday, February 26, 2012

Movie Reviews Motivation


At one point of making this blog, my idea was that I would review a bunch of things. In my heart of hearts, I want to review a billion movies. But the sad reality is, I just wasn't able to do that. Either I didn't have time or I didn't have to motivation, one thing just lead to another. In fact, out of my 70-ish posts, only three of them are actually movie reviews. How sad.

That's why I'm so happy for this: Korean Blogathon 2012. After taking a visit to the blog of my fellow Korean-entertainment-ranting friend, Orion, I found to goldmine of an opportunity to motivate myself to making film reviews. I think the main reason for participating in this is simple: I need a blog promotion. It's a pretty selfish motive, but I think it's pretty understandable. I need readers that can interact with me. I've realized that perhaps a majority of my viewers are only people who dropped by to take the pictures I've featured on this blog. I bet there's only so few people who actually go here to read the posts. But I'm not smart enough to get my posts truly advertised. I've been thinking of joining a bigger Korean entertainment editorial outlet, but I feel like time isn't on my side and I wasn't able to commit to being a permanent writer. Maybe someday, but not now. Not this year at least.

I've realized that if I can't write for other people, might as well write for myself. The sad thing is that even that I'm horrible at, as you probably can tell. So through this blogathon, I was hoping I would be motivated to write a lot more. And if I can, I'd write the whole week. One post for every day of the blogathon. I'm readying myself for the week little by little. In fact I already wrote my first installment today. What would it be about, you'll just have to wait to find out.

So how does this blogathon work exactly? Well, all you have to do is write anything about the Korean cinema, whether it's reviews or top tens, between the 5th and 11th of March. Then you send an email to the people at cineawesome.com, and they'll gather up all the posts written per day. This is a great opportunity for everyone who loves Korean movies, especially those who love writing about them, to share ideas and knowledge with each other and the world.

Next week, look forward to a post a day from me as I take part of this blogathon. I'll try my absolute best to fulfill this promise. Hopefully, not only will I make seven posts next week, but it will stay like this for a long time. Motivation, come to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment