Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Peach Tree is Finally Here! Sort of.


Okay it's finally here. The wait is almost over. Goo Hye-sun's The Peach Tree is finally getting a wide release! I think I've mentioned it in a Jo Seung-woo post somewhere in my past, but it doesn't hurt to say it again. Plus, this one has some goodies!

Just a refresher, The Peach Tree is Goo Hye-sun's sophomore attempt at the director's chair, after her music themed romantic movie, Magic. The movie stars Jo Seung-woo and Ryu Deok-hwan as Siamese twins and Nam Sang-mi as their love interest. And that's pretty much all we know of the movie. Aside from the fantasy element, that's pretty much it.

The reason why I'm writing a whole post is because the poster and trailer is out! The poster is totally lacklustered, although there might be some secret message in that shot, with Jo Seung-woo looking the other way despite the other two looking at the camera. You never know. The video that I showed you last year (!) was like a sneak peek preview and not and official trailer. But this is! You may now check it out.


I have to say that I am more freaked out now that I can actually see how Jo is in the back of Ryu's head. Seriously chilling. Also it's come to my attention that with a 7 year difference, Jo and Ryu no longer look that much alike. Although they'd probably be even more if they're the same age. (Compare Jo in The Classic and Ryu in Dongmakgol, they look very much similar.)

Will I want to watch this? Yes, but probably only for the actors, as I always do. Shame of me. The story is really unique, but I'm weary Goo wouldn't be able to pull it off. Let's just hope she did. So I won't curse myself once again for my lack of better choices.

The Peach Tree will be widely released in South Korea on October 31, 2012, over a year after it's premiere.

And here's a bit of BTS poster (or promotional stuff, I guess) shoot action. In 2 pictures. Courtesy of Hancinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment