Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012

 

2011 was one hell of a year. But now, we have the year 2012 to look forward to! I have so many memories in 2011, and today I'm going to give my thanks to the year eleven. And maybe a bit of hope for the year to come. I don't usually do these personal blog things in here, but it's New Years and what the heck. Let's go!

First of all, to begin my thanks to 2011, his blog is finally launched! It's not as big as anything remarkable, but I'm thankful for this blog. It re-sparked my love for writing. I know I haven't been writing a lot, especially in recent weeks, but when I do write, I try to bring my game on. Thank you so much for anyone and everyone who bothered to read my ramblings. I really appreciate that. I'm not planning anything big in 2012 for this blog. But then again, I never plan anything anyways so we'll see what happens.

Second, I'm thankful to all my favorite SK crushes: Jo Seung-woo, Yoo Ah-in, and Kim Sunggyu of INFINITE. I don't personally know you, and you probably don't even know I exist, but I thank you for bringing me happiness in life when life itself won't give a damn to me. I'm also thankful you three are very active this year, and thus provided many, many fangirling moments for me, as very apparent in this blog.

Third, many thanks to great music that came out today! I feel like I'm dissing too many music acts. There's a lot of reason for me to do so. But I'm thankful that there's a lot of excellent music this 2011. Thank you Standing Egg, Tablo, Brown Eyed Girls, Sunny Hill, Brown Eyed Soul, Wonder Girls, INFINITE for filling my ears with high quality music and treating my eyes to beautiful music videos.

 

So that's what I'm thankful for, among other things. With a new year comes new hopes and expectations. And here are mine.

First, I want to finish a story. I've been collecting a lot of story ideas. But none of them has become anything. I found a new confidence in writing through this blog, so I really hope I can finish a story this year. No matter how small or bad. I think I need to realize that the key to great writing is perseverance and not just the perfect idea. The combination of the two would be ideal. But perseverance is what I need to gain.

Second, I hope I can improve this blog somewhat. I guess my first mission is to spread the word of this blog. Truthfully I don't know how to do that. But I gained quite a few readers this year, which only means there's improvement no matter how minute. Again I'm not the best at planning things, especially for the long run. But I'm pretty sure if I keep at it, this blog will become bigger on its own.

Third, this is more of a personal thing, but I hope I can find my passion. I'm already in my junior year of college and I still don't know what I'm going to do as an adult. I'm supposed to do my mandatory apprenticeship, but that I don't know what I should do. I really hope by the end of 2012 I will know what my "true calling" is.

Fourth, SK entertainment wise, I hope they will improve. I'm so turned off by the lack of quality that's coming out. I'm looking at you, K-pop. And please, hold back on the debuts. I don't even care anymore about them. Make sure they're actually talented when they debut, please. That may be too much to ask, but a girl can dream right.

So that's it! The end of the old, and on with the new. 2011 went by so fast. I'm positive 2012 will be the same. But hey, it's a new year. New hope, new improvements. Maybe even new love? Hopefully. Ehem. Anyways, looking forward to 2012 because cool things will happen. I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment