Saturday, August 20, 2011

First Take: Bang Yong-guk's I Remember


This is the first single of rapper Bang Yong-guk! I see a bright future for this person. Check it out, "I Remember" featuring B2ST's Yang Yeoseob!

Bang Yong-guk received his first major love after featuring in Secret's Ji-eun's solo single, "Going Crazy". This time around he released his own song featuring B2ST's Yang Yeoseob. I'm so glad he's going solo, and not in a group like the trend these days. His voice is deep and husky, often compared to Big Bang's T.O.P. It's a voice that you just go head and heels over.


I have to say that Korea makes some of the best rap songs out there. Never before have I loved listening to rap songs before I listened to Korean rap. Maybe it's because I don't understand the lyrics, rap being known for their extensive use of profanity. But I think it's because a number of Korean rap are melodic, with groups like Epik High and Leessang being masters of this craft. Mr. Bang here might be the next in line for throne, having released a strong song like this. This song mixes rock with rap and a little bit of piano to glue things all together into a great song. Yeoseob, who is a great singer himself, provided excellent vocals for the chorus. The two voices together is the perfect match. It's too sad he hasn't had the chance to perform this live because it'll be one performance I'll be watching.

The video is also a great one. It's always great to see a music video with a storyline, making it not only a treat for the ears but also the eyes. There's equal part Bang Yong-guk and the story, which is good for Bang because being a newbie everyone needs to know his face. But can I ask for a movie version of this? Movie version meaning full story version? The story is about a possessive boyfriend who later puts his life on the line to save his girlfriend. Praise has been poured to the main star, the boyfriend, played by actor Park Yong-kyu and I have to say I'm impressed. I heard he's also a rookie himself, so I hope this movie can shoot both Bang Yong-guk and Park Yong-kyu to the next level.

I have to say I'm impressed with Bang Yong-guk. I'm so glad that there's going to be a rap artist I can look forward to. I'm seeing such a bright future for him and I hope to see him perform live soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment